Telecaster kit

My final kit build. Just to make things complete I wanted a telecaster. So again a kit build, this time using all the parts in the kit.

The body was lightly sanded after which I applied serveral layers of Tung oil. The wood turned a bit darker, which is nice.

The headstock had some weird ‘cut it yourself’ shape, so I used an electric jigsaw to cut out somewhat of a tele shape. I also put a waterslide decal on it so from a distance you could get the impression that it’s a real Tele. Or not, all depending how drunk you are.

Stil, after some playing (again the frets were a bit rough on top although no sharp edges) it’s amazing how much quality you get for €79,–

I did a fret level, crown and polishing after a few weeks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *